All volunteers are required to provide us with a deposit equal in value to the ticket price: $150 for a 4-day pass.
- We will swipe your card at the festival.There is then a 7 day hold placed on your account for the amount of your deposit.
- If you do not complete your agreed upon volunteer obligations, we will charge your deposit. If you complete your volunteer hours, we release the hold 1 or 2 days after the festival.
- If you are a returning volunteer you will need to update your deposit: make sure to do so when you are scheduled or bring a deposit with you when you check in.
- Your deposit will be refunded to you after the festival, provided full completion of your shifts.
- Your deposit will not be returned unless the full volunteer shift commitment is completed.
- THERE IS NO REFUND FOR PARTIAL COMPLETION OF SHIFTS.
- It is your responsibility to check in and out of your shift with your crew chief or shift manager to insure a complete record of your volunteer hours.
- IF A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER IS PUTTING A DEPOSIT DOWN FOR YOU, THIS FORM IS REQUIRED: credit card/check authorization form.
The GrassRoots Festival is a non-profit organization, which raises money for arts, education, and other area non-profits. It is the intent of the organization to create a free, relaxed, and open community during the event. It does this by operating almost completely through the effort of over 1500 volunteers! However, if even one volunteer does not show up to one of their shifts, it the effects the efficiency of the operations of the festival and, in order to compensate for that vacancy, a great deal of extra work by others is necessary, which the deposit does not actually cover. A deposit communicates the festival’s need for you to keep your commitment, and if necessary, allows a volunteer to take some responsibility for not having done so. Please, fulfill your obligation, not to get your deposit back, but to contribute to the amazing, self-run city that we all create each year! In the spirit of the GrassRoots Festival community – fulfill your shifts.